Pages

Child Development - Spanking Your Kid

As shocking as it sounds, an unconditional love goes out from my heart to this seed of my body and blood. I believe that only me as the father to my child can and will be able to shape his character and behaviors just as how I have been nurtured and brought up to be who I am by my father, whom I love dearly. Every parent is responsible to their child's development.


My son is like any other normal growing child with a smile that can melt any heart. He makes me forget all my problems when he runs towards me with a huge smile on his face each day reaching out to be carried in my arms. Being two years of age, he doesn't care if I smell good or not, he doesn't care if I drive a nice car, hell he doesn't even care if I do truly love him. All he wants is my time and I will play my part in his development. From the day your child is born to the first day your child feels shy giving you a goodbye hug in front of his or her friends, is the only true time you have to easily shape them to what and who they can become. Once you let that pass, you have to put in double the effort to gain back the intimacy towards a growing teen and soon young-adult. Child development techniques have great effect on both parents and children.

Never hit your children with your hands, hands are their acceptance of love and not discipline. I whipped my son on the buttocks with a thin cane just hard enough to feel pain for completely going against my warning twice to not touch electrical plugs on the wall. Children's love to explore and they are adventurous, unlike us adults who grow up to be fearful more and more each day watching other people going through pain and being skeptical about true adventure. If you are reading this, do not try anything crazy that can break your arms or legs and blame it on me for bringing "adventure" into your life. Back to my son, did he stop smiling or not run towards me for a hug the next day being angry for the whipping? No. He hugged my arms to sleep that night. A child's love is unconditional; treasure it while you can with love and discipline.

Child development techniques can be of many forms according to your judgment of what is best for your kids. The cane will not help you build love if you over-use it but it can surely help you when you want to make your child remember a very important lesson in life. The Bible says in the book of Proverbs, written by the wealthiest man on earth, King Solomon in chapter 13:24; He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him. In the same chapter in 13:18; He who ignores discipline comes to poverty and shame, but whoever pay attention to correction is honored. I can't force my son to go according to all my ways in his life forever but I surely can make him understand discipline and accept correction into his life before the last shy goodbye hug. Do your part.

Thank you very much for all the support emails that has been sent in and questions asked regarding my last topic on Child Development Techniques. Hope the above helped in answering a few questions especially on child discipline. More topics on child behavior, child development stages and recommendations available at my site: [http://www.childdevelopmenttechniques.com]


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3093769

Child Development toys

Emman

visit our website http://socialworkprocesses.co.uk for social worker training resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment